This article assumes that your EMR is integrated with the Portal, and the patient already has a valid email in the EMR.
1. Do the following:
a) Click on the Search icon.
b) Select your EMR button.
c) Type in the last name or patient number.
d) Click on the Search button.
e) Click the Add/Update button.
2. Send out the registration email.
- The Primary Provider field should be the name of the family doctor, but it can be changed to another provider.
- The Email field should contain the patient's email imported from the EMR.
- The Shared Secret is usually the first 4 digits of the patient's health card. However you can negotiation these numbers with the patient if they don't have a valid health card, and edit the field directly.
- Click the Send Registration button to send out the invitation email.